Frequently Asked Questions By Clients Of ESS Maritime
Below you will find frequently asked questions as posed by clients of ESS Maritime. Click on a question to open the module and reveal the answer. If you have a question which is not included here, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or telephone.
What is the difference between Vessel Protection Teams and Maritime Security Teams?
What does PMSC mean?
Can ESS Maritime provide yacht security?
ESS Maritime is able to provide the following services for (super) yachts:
- Maritime Security Teams
- Close Protection Officers
- Maritime Security Awareness Training
- Yacht hardening
- Security systems
- Maritime Intelligence
Can ESS Maritime provide offshore security?
ESS Maritime is able to provide the following offshore security services:
- Offshore Security Teams
- Offshore Security Management
- Offshore Crisis Management
- Offshore Security Plans (country specific)
- Offshore Patrol Boat Services
- Offshore Intelligence
Can ESS Maritime provide escort vessels or patrol boats against piracy?
Yes, ESS Maritime is able to provide Escort Vessels against Piracy. These vessels are on location in both Asia and East Africa (mostly Kenya). For a quotation, please contact us.
What does PCASP mean?
By which flag States has ESS Maritime been granted approval for the provision of private maritime security services?
ESS Maritime has experience with providing maritime security services on vessels flying the following flags:
Isle of Man, Bermuda, Antiqua & Barbuda, Croatia, Panama, Cyprus, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Malta, Liberia, Marshal Islands, Singapore, Norway, Bahamas, Swiss, Madeira, Hong Kong, St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Barbados, Gibraltar.
Please contact us if your vessel flies a different flag. We are not limited to the above stated flags and can therefore provide our services on vessels even though their flag State is not listed above.
How are maritime security operations conducted?
The ESS Maritime security team consists of either three or four PCASP who all have been extensively vetted and trained by ESS Maritime. All PCASP have extensive experience in the maritime security sector and have a background in military service or law enforcement.
Upon embarkation the ESS Maritime security team first familiarizes with the Master of the vessel and crew. After this the ESS maritime security team aids in setting up static defences in accordance with the guidelines as set out in BMP5. Additionally, the security team provides 24/7 surveillance in order to early detect possible pirate threats.
Which Maritime security services can ESS Maritime offer?
ESS Maritime can offer the following maritime security services:
- Maritime security teams near Somalia, West Africa and Asia
- Maritime security consultancy
- Maritime Security Escort Vessel
- Maritime security training in the Netherlands and abroad
- Maritime security crew training in the Netherlands and abroad
- Maritime Security Management
- Yacht security teams
- Offshore security teams
What is maritime security?
Maritime security refers to the protection of vessels, crew, and cargo from potential threats while at sea. These threats can include piracy, terrorism, and other criminal activities.
Why is maritime security important?
Maritime security is important to ensure the safety and security of vessels, crew, and cargo while at sea. The maritime industry is a vital part of the global economy, and ensuring its safety is essential to maintaining international trade.
What are the benefits of hiring a maritime security company?
Hiring a maritime security company can provide several benefits, including:
- Expertise: A maritime security company has the knowledge and expertise to identify potential threats and develop customized security solutions to meet your specific needs.
- Protection: A maritime security company can provide security personnel and equipment to protect your vessel and crew from potential threats.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your vessel and crew are protected can provide peace of mind while at sea.