Please read the following carefully to understand how your personal data will used and treated by us. If you wish to contact us regarding the contents of this policy, please email email@example.com
We promise to process your personal data in accordance with the following:
- Collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Used for those legitimate purposes in a fair and transparent manner
- Adequate and relevant to the use intended
- Accurate and up to date
- Kept only for as long as necessary for the use
- Protected securely against misuse and against accidental loss, damage or destruction
Personal data collection
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
- We may process information contained in an enquiry you submit to us regarding our services, such as your email address, name and contact number. This data may be processed for the purposes of providing you with our services and taking steps to enter into a contract between you and us.
- We process information provided to us by you if you have subscribed to our email notifications or newsletters.
- We collect and process personal data such as name, address, phone numbers, email, identification documents, CVs, bank details if you are employed by us, this is processed by us on a legitimate basis.
We may collect personal information about you or your business from the following:
- Through a job application
- Contact from you through email or through our website
- Over the phone
Disclosing and sharing of personal data
We may disclose or share your personal data to insurers, subsidiaries of ESS Maritime Ltd, or for compliance purposes with a legal obligation in which we are subject to. We may also disclose your personal data to suppliers in order to obtain visas, book flights or transport. All data sharing is conducted on a legitimate basis.
Transferring Personal Data outside the UK/EEA
ESS Maritime Ltd may transfer personal data it hold to a country outside of the United Kingdom and/or the European Economic Area, provided that one of the following applies:
- The transfer is made with the data subjects’ consent
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject
The data subject’s rights
Right of access: the right to make a written request for details of personal information and a copy of that personal information;
Right to rectification: the right to have inaccurate information corrected or removed;
Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): the right to have certain personal information erased;
Right to restriction of processing: the right to request that personal information only be used for specific purposes;
Right to object: the right to object to processing of personal information in cases where processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or the Company has let the individual know that the processing is necessary for the Company’s or a third party’s legitimate interests;
Right to data portability: the right to ask for the personal information made available to the Company to be transferred to the individual or a third party in machine-readable formats;
Right to withdraw consent: the right to withdraw any consent previously given to handle personal information. If consent is withdrawn, this will not affect the lawfulness of the Company’s use of an individual’s personal information prior to the withdrawal of consent and the Company will let the individual know if, as a consequence, the Company will no longer be able to provide the selected services;
Right to complain to a supervisory authority – the right to lodge a complain about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at www.ico.org.uk.
Right in relation to automated decisions: individuals have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing which produces legal effects concerning them or similarly significantly affects them, unless it is necessary for entering into a contract with them, it is authorised by law or the individual has given their explicit consent. The Company will let individuals know when such decisions are made, the lawful grounds relied on and the rights the individual has.
In order to exercise individual rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web browser cookies
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
ESS Maritime BV, Daalwijkdreef 47, 1103 AD Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Email: email@example.com
This document was last updated on May 2nd 2020